So many reasons to attend the Windsor International Writers Conference
Did you ever dream of being one of the best authors in the world? That may not immediately happen by attending this conference BUT! …with our experts you will be able to take your writing career to a more professional level.
- You will receive great direction from some of the greatest best-selling authors and publishing experts. At our last conference, four attendees found agents and three of those people have books coming out!
- If you’re a novice, don’t worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to learn the basics of the craft of writing as well.
- Choose from a schedule of sessions that suits your specific interests and genres of writing, including playwriting, screenplay and poetry.
- Did we mention how friendly we are? It’s a great place to meet and socialize with fellow writers. Did we also mention we have over twenty wineries AND Hiram Walker’s brewery AND Walkerville Brewery? We can arrange tours just sayin’.
- You will have time to “ask a pro” at our panel discussions and social gatherings
- We have a bookstore! This means we will be having book signings. Get to meet the authors.
- We’re giving out a bag full of writers’ goodies when you check in.
- Contests with prizes!
- We have a pre-conference day of intensive roundtables where you get to present 500 words of your work to your peers, an agent/publisher and or editor.
- If you want to come early or stay late to explore our neck of the woods we’ll help arrange tours for you.
- You’ll have an opportunity to learn about different cultures and how to write about them. You’ll learn about our North American heritage, including First Nation peoples, the Underground Railroad and so much more.
The mandate of the Windsor International Writers Conference is based one premise: that all peoples and nations have the right and obligation to preserve their history, art, culture and books for future generations.
Based on that premise, the WIWC makes every endeavour in their conferences to promote the craft of writing and advancing skills in accuracy and properly researching a story; using ethics and morals when writing; and taking care to preserve the dignity of any culture, heritage, or group of people.
The WIWC is also dedicated to helping all children to become the best writers they can be.
Our next conference
Our next conference will be held in 2018.
For more information, contact us.
The Windsor International Writers Conference was a great experience for me. It gave me access to agents, editors and authors. I learned more about writing fiction, screenplays and editing. I was able to network and make valuable connections. Thank you for hosting this event. I can’t wait for the next one. Thank you Pamela Goldstein!
Kimberly Batchelor Davis
Event Planner, Fundraising and Literary Consultant
Author, Rose and the Enchanted Seven
The conference was great! It covered everything from ethics and activism to the nuts and bolts of grammar and publishing contracts. I’ll be back in 2016. Off the record, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. I have heard a lot about you in the community (all good) but our paths haven’t crossed before.
I found the Windsor International Writers’ Conference thoughtful, inspiring, and immensely valuable. The presenting authors offered fascinating and intelligent insights into their personal experiences and creative processes. Editors and agents provided helpful suggestions. Opportunities for individual conversations abounded, and I benefitted from talking with many interesting people. Novels, screenplays, short stories, poetry, humor writing, children’s
Distinguished Professor, Rutgers University Author (with Jennifer T. Doherty) of The Mouse of Gold and The Fierce and Gentle Wolf