July 6th, 7th, and 8th, the weekend of the 2018 Windsor International Writers Conference is coming up soon, but there’s still time left to register! You don’t want to miss out on this great event. We’ve got an impressive list of speakers, editors, agents, authors and publisher attending that you get to meet. It’s a small boutique-style conference, so you’ll be up close and personal with these industry professionals and stars. Not to mention, if you register by the end of this month, you can sign up to have the first ten pages of your manuscript reviewed and critiqued by one of several industry professionals. Here’s a list of the people who have made themselves available for what we’re calling ‘One-on-one’ sessions:
- Sam Hiyate (agent, The Rights Factory)
- Cassandra Rogers (agent, The Rights Factory)
- Lindsay Legget (agent, The Rights Factory)
- Sandra Kasturi (publisher, Chizine Press)
- Justine Alley Dowsett (publisher, Mirror World Publishing)
- Chris Edwards (publisher, Walkerville Press)
- David Braughler (Hybrid publisher, Braughler Books Llc.)
- Brian Henry (editor, The Quick Brown Fox)
- Laurie Smith (editor, Cranberry Tree Press)
- Bryan Russell (editor, Scribendi)
- Michele Wojciechowski (stand-up comedy professional and columnist)
Once you are registered, pick the person of your choice for the one on one and then send the first ten pages of your manuscript to pamelajeangoldstein[at]gmail[dot]com and your work will be forwarded on to the professional you’ve indicated.
We’ve also got some contests going on. Once you’ve registered for the conference, you have the opportunity to enter FIVE different contests! You can compete for Best Opening Paragraph, Best Poem, Best Short Story, Best Opening Line, and/or Best Description of Wine or Dessert! And it’s easy to register right here on our website.
So what are you waiting for? There’s so much to do, learn, and so many interesting people to meet at the Windsor International Writers Conference. We hope to see you there!